SINGLE LEVEL, END UNIT CONDO WITH NO STEPS IN BEACON HILL TERRACE! This property is upgraded throughout, freshly painted and has no carpet. Upgrades include tile in the main living areas and kitchen, plus laminate flooring in the bedrooms, granite counters in the kitchen and bath, upgraded cabinetry in kitchen and bath, inside laundry area (washer and dryer included), new heater, mirrored closet doors, and an enclosed patio perfect for relaxing and enjoying the ocean breeze. Quiet location and tucks back to the hillside. There is one assigned parking spot and a generous amount of guest and street parking. Water and garbage included in HOA dues. Access to all the wonderful Beacon Hill amenities which include 3 swimming pools/spas (one adult only), 6 lighted tennis courts, walking trails and parks. Walking distance Beacon Hill Park and Salt Creek Trail, which is great for biking or jogging to the beach.
- Days on Market: 14
- Property Sub Type: Condominium
- Water Source: Public
- Stories: 1
- On-Site Parking: Yes
- Flooring: Laminate, Tile
- More Interior Features: Granite Counters
- Fireplace: No
- HeatingYN: Yes
- Heating: Forced Air
- CoolingYN: No
- Cooling: None
- View: Neighborhood
- Lot Features: Greenbelt
- Pool: No
Learn More About
Over one-third of Laguna Niguel is designated as open space. This significant amount of open space is one of the key features defining the character and urban form of the City. The City has 2 community parks, 23 neighborhood parks, 3 mini-parks, 1 dog park, 2 county regional parks, 2 small county parks and the new Laguna Niguel Skate & Soccer Park.
The name “Laguna Niguel” is derived from the Spanish word “Laguna,” which means lagoon, and the word “Nigueli,” which was the name of a Juaneno Indian village once located near Aliso Creek. In 1821, California became Mexican territory and many rancheros were formed in Southern California, including Rancho Niguel. During this period, Rancho Niguel was primarily used as a sheep ranch. The first private landowner of the area was Juan Avila, a resident of San Juan Capistrano, who obtained land through a Mexican land grant in 1842. Juan Avila was also successful in re-establishing his title to the land after California became US territory in 1848 and remained the owner of “Rancho Niguel” until 1865.
In 1895, the “Rancho Niguel” land became part of the Moulton Company, a company that would eventually control over 19,000 acres of local ranch land.
The genesis of today’s Laguna Niguel was the establishment of the Laguna Niguel Corporation in 1959 by Cabot, Cabot and Forbes, making it one of the first master planned communities in California. The firm of Victor Gruen and Associates was retained to develop a detailed community plan for the approximately 7,100-acre site. Land sales started to occur in 1961 in Monarch Bay and Laguna Terrace subdivisions. Avco Community Developer acquired the Laguna Niguel Plan in 1971 and initiated development as set forth in the original Master Plan.
During the early years of development in Laguna Niguel, the Laguna Niguel Homeowner Association, later to become the Laguna Niguel Community Council, served in an advisory capacity to the Orange County Board of Supervisors on land use issues.
In 1986, Laguna Niguel residents, looking for local governance, took the first step toward cityhood by forming a Community Services District. Three years later, on November 7, 1989, 89% of the voters favored incorporation and on December 1, 1989, Laguna Niguel became the 29th city in Orange County.